What Is The Best Kind of Special Needs Trust?

Our son receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to a heart condition.  He is about to receive an inheritance and we would like to protect it with a special needs trust.  What is the best type of trust for him?

Depending on the circumstances, it sounds like a first-party special needs trust , also known as a (d)(4)(A) trust, or a pooled special needs trust, sometimes called a (d)(4)(C) trust, could be appropriate for your son.  A qualified special needs planner can walk you through the pros and cons of each type of trust and help you to properly establish one.  Click here to find a list of planners in your state. 

Article Last Modified: 06/17/2016

Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? Let us help you.


Planners near Cortlandt Manor

  • Cortlandt Manor Special Needs Attorney Andrew Cohen
    Andrew Cohen
    New York, NY

  • Cortlandt Manor Special Needs Attorney Linnea Levine
    Linnea Levine
    Westport, CT

  • Cortlandt Manor Special Needs Attorney Valorie Promisel
    Valorie Promisel
    Yorktown Heights, NY