Where Should I Establish My Child's Special Needs Trust?

I live in one state but my son lives in a group home in neighboring state.  Where should I establish a special needs trust for his benefit?

While the trust can probably be established in either state, your final choice of location may depend on where the trustee lives and what state provides Medicaid benefits for your son.  Regardless of where the trust is situated, you should definitely have an attorney in the state where your son lives review the trust to make sure that it complies with local Medicaid rules.

Article Last Modified: 03/24/2015

Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? Let us help you.


Planners near Providence

  • Providence Special Needs Attorney Anne Chernick
    Anne Chernick
    Springfield, MA

  • Providence Special Needs Attorney Nancy Chudacoff
    Nancy Chudacoff
    Providence, RI

  • Providence Special Needs Attorney Stephanie Konarski
    Stephanie Konarski
    East Bridgewater, MA