Who Can Help Coordinate Benefits When a Person with Special Needs Moves to Another State?

I have an adult son who receives both Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Medicare. Is there an interstate agency that assists with moves from one state to another so my son will not lose eligibility for government benefits? 

We are unaware of an agency that would help in this way. However, the SSDI and Medicare benefits your son receives will stay in place no matter where he moves since these are federal programs. An attorney in the state you are relocating to should be able to assist, and I would recommend talking to one. A list of attorneys can be found by clicking here.  For more on moving with government benefits, click here.

Article Last Modified: 10/31/2016

Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? Let us help you.