Who Takes Care of an SSI Beneficiary's Finances if She Can't Manage Her Own Money?

I have a patient who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI) but can't manage her own money.  Can we set up a special needs trust to receive her benefits and use them for her benefit over the course of the month?

It may be more prudent to have a Representative Payee appointed for her. The Social Security Administration (SSA) will do this so that someone can help manage her SSI check. For more on Representative Payees, click here.

Article Last Modified: 06/12/2017

Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? Let us help you.


Planners near Ashburn

  • Ashburn Special Needs Attorney Evan Farr
    Evan Farr
    Fairfax, VA

  • Ashburn Special Needs Attorney Loretta Williams
    Loretta Williams
    Fairfax, VA

  • Ashburn Special Needs Attorney Stephen Elville
    Stephen Elville
    Rockville, MD